Sunday 23 April 2017

Paediatrics

So I rotated at the end of February and have been rubbish at posting.

I have started on a paediatric respiratory rotation and I am absolutely loving it! It was my favorite placement as a student so I was concerned that I was getting overexcited but no, paediatric intensive care is where I want to be! 

More on paediatrics another time.

This was my first experience of seven day working. So I work 08:30 in the morning to 6:15 . It works really well for the patients and looking at our contact data we have reduced on-call call outs considerably, so that's good! I am enjoying seven day working, I have a 1 hour 30 minute commute so on 7 day working I work less days which means less commuting and more days off! The difficulty is my days off can be at any point in the week, so working at rugby and getting into a routine is more difficult. But I still prefer it to 9-5 mon - fri, and it makes a big difference to the patients! 

So far I am loving being a band 5 and I am really excited about the variety of areas I can work in. I'm really lucky that I am in a teaching hospital and have some amazing and knowledgable clinicians above me who take time to teach me. At the beginning of this rotation I had 3 weeks of training to prepare me for on-call. This made me confident in treating patients and allowed me to settle in well. 

More soon. 

Hopefully.

Liam

1 comment:


  1. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally!
    Physiokit

    ReplyDelete